» Harbour still very good
Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Harbour still very good
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
TH
Posted on 08/02/2018 at 01:20 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
The harbour over the last few weeks has been fantastic. Surface kings, bonnies, salmon and tailor on candies and clousers. Baitfish hiding under the boat. Kids action on 5cm silver lures too. Out the heads is going off too.
Cheers Tim

Martin Fortmann
View Profile
Posted on 13/02/2018 at 10:24 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Didn't have the greatest day on Saturday but got some nice bonnies inside early and a solitary decent king out side. Brief encounter with a school of frigates outside so they should start showing up inside soon and maybe we get some bait ball action again

TH
Posted on 14/02/2018 at 09:57 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Looking forward to bait ball action this year Martin. Last year was a bit of a washout with all the rain

kayaker
Posted on 14/02/2018 at 03:54 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Went out today. Rose Bay was full of frigate mackerel, and a few kings. Size 12 flies, and watch them run!

Claiming sashimi as a valentines day present to my wife was a stretch, but worth it.

Martin Fortmann
View Profile
Posted on 15/02/2018 at 01:21 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Whoa, size 12

How do you stop them from straightening??

Looking forward to the next trip! Swell looks big for the next few days so may have to stay inside. Looks like there's some fishing to be had inside

TH
Posted on 15/02/2018 at 02:27 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Size 12 for the frigates? Or did you land a king on a size 12 hook?
I couldn't see any fishy action from the headlands this morning on my dog walk but in the distance there was something happening near shark island. Nothing at Clifton.
Swell looks good for me to surf not fish
Tim

kayaker
Posted on 15/02/2018 at 09:57 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
size 12 (and light drag) for the frigates. just fast trout, aren't they? Now, if anyone can stop a king with a slide 12, that's VERY impressive.

Martin Fortmann
View Profile
Posted on 16/02/2018 at 09:56 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
"Fast trout" - ha ha that's funny. They can be as fussy as trout that's for sure

Ginko
View Profile
Posted on 21/02/2018 at 10:59 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I was onshore at little manly today - but the bust-ups at Canae Point by Quarantine Station could be seen from shore - on the run in tide. They seemed to be staying up on the surface for quite some time - not just surfacing and sounding again immediately. Not sure what species.

TH
Posted on 24/02/2018 at 10:49 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
The Harbour was shut down on Friday and the swell and wind was up too much for the outside option. A few rat kings on the markers. Frigates west of the bridge.

Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours