Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Lowrance HDS 7 Live
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
george
View Profile
Posted on 29/01/2019 at 06:44 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi Justin et al

Im looking at the new HDS 7 Live for the boat and i have a few questions for you or anyone else who may have one.

Do you need a seperate transducer for the 3D funtionality, or does it come with 3D straight out of the box? (and is it really worth the additioanl cost if it's extra)

My current transducer (for a Lowrance LMS520) is mounted thru hull and is situated directly under the centre console. If if I was to keep the old unit, do you think it would cause interference to the new model?

Lowrance Livesight - what exactly is it, is there value in getting it (when it comes out) and what additional hardware / software will be required?

Hope you don't mind all the questions mate. The closer I get to 50, the less tech savy I get these days.

Cheers!

George

stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 29/01/2019 at 11:32 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi George
The Live has a big long transducer that will need to be added.
I never had that model sounder but have seen it in action - it is fantastic.
See if you can go to the next size up - remember size DOES matter !

Stuart
<'))))><
george
View Profile
Posted on 30/01/2019 at 12:15 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thanks Stuart

Long time - no speak. Hope you're well mate.

I've seen that long transducer, but i'm not convinced that one enables the 3D functionality, and I suspect you require a second transducer as well (as an added option) to be able to use 3D.

How the Livesight functionality works (once that is released by Lowrance) is yet another question, and totally beyond me.

...and it's how you use it that counts.

Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 30/01/2019 at 10:29 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hey George, the live HD is fabulous!! Itís only one transducer. Give me a call whenever you like for more info&#128077;

Don't swim in a bait ball
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours