Username:
Password:
Remember Me

New Fly Tying Materials Supplier
  Page 1 of 2    « First   1   2   >   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
DavidW
View Profile
Posted on 17/04/2012 at 04:37 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi All,

I have put my money where my mouth is and started an online business importing and retailing fly tying materials, accessories, flies etc. The main reason we started up the business was due to the difficulty in locating quality materials in colours that I needed etc. So I used the experience I have had searching out all the different materials to get a hold of suppliers that will allow me to import and sell them..... Let me tell you some suppliers weren't willing to even think about supplying me, but that is a whole other story!

Take a look at the website hookedonflies.com.au and if you are after something we don't have yet let us know and I will do what I can to source it at a good price.

Cheers

David W

Hooroo
Message edited by stuartt on 17/04/2012 at 05:41 PM
beechfly
View Profile
Posted on 17/04/2012 at 04:56 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I've used hookedonflies.com.au already - first class service and fast delivery - Thanks David!

Regards,
Chris Beech
Flymax custom flies
Message edited by stuartt on 17/04/2012 at 05:41 PM
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 17/04/2012 at 05:37 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hey Dave, I tried editing your post to make your link active but it's something that needs to be done in the original post, I can't edit it unfortunately.
JD

Don't swim in a bait ball
stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 17/04/2012 at 05:41 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User

Stuart
<'))))><
DavidW
View Profile
Posted on 17/04/2012 at 05:43 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi Justin,

It seems to work for me... must depend on your browser cos Chrome seems to show it as an active link???

Hooroo
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 18/04/2012 at 01:01 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
No, the ever reliable Stuart fixed it, hence the wonky face above

Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 18/04/2012 at 01:01 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Winky

stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 18/04/2012 at 03:14 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Be careful who you call wonky !!

Stuart
<'))))><
William
View Profile
Posted on 30/05/2012 at 06:43 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
David what have you got there in your store that you recommend for weed flies?
And does it make any difference if you're berleying with cabbage or string weed which type/colour weed fly material to use?

Ta
William

The highest form of existence is play
DavidW
View Profile
Posted on 30/05/2012 at 07:05 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
G'day William,

I use Tiewell Ice Dubbing for weed flies when fishing off the rocks and no it doesn't seem to matter what you berley with, whatever is on the rocks at the time......

Estuary fishing is a whole different story..... the fish seem to only take the stringy weed and so your flies will need to mimmick that, in which case I would use seal fur dubbing or a substitute for it.

I have 1 pack left of the Ice Dubbing that is used for the cabbage weed flies and am in the middle of ordering more.

send me a message with your details and I will send you a sample to try along with a video I did for the fly club on how to tie them.

Cheers David W

Hooroo
William
View Profile
Posted on 30/05/2012 at 08:30 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thanks David

I'm keen to see that video of how you tie your weedflies - I'll send a PM.

I've already got some material for weedflies for the ocean rock platforms - Chartreuse Polar Chenille, and also some of the Ice Dubbing in olive green - which may be a bit too dark from what I've heard. What is the Ice Dubbing colour you recommend?.

A while back Woz (Warren) from the Central Coast got us all fired up on the idea of catching luderick and sent a DVD which several of us watched at a mini-gathering at Patricks house. The DVD included instructions for the weedflies he uses.

I've done a couple of sorties (even to Woz's best spot) and blanked I've learned that the tides and conditions matter in luderick fishing off ocean rocks as does precise local knowledge of when and where the fish come on the chew. So I want to concentrate on spots closer to home that I can fish more often till I work out their patterns.

I have some estuary luderick spots close to home that I'd like to master - at the Roseville Bridge just a couple of minutes away, and the Spit and Clontarf - so I'm very interested in your thoughts about seal fur dubbing for flies in the estuary situation.

The highest form of existence is play
  Page 1 of 2    « First   1   2   >   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours