Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Colton rods / reels
  Page 1 of 2    « First   1   2   >   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Saro
View Profile
Posted on 23/04/2011 at 05:06 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
http://www.coltonfly.com/tradewinds.php

Has anyone ever used / heard of these before? Someone on another site recommended them.
Look the goods and a decent price.

iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 27/04/2011 at 12:45 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
hey saro,

yes i have researched them ...i have 0nly heard good things about the reels they get very good ratings from the guys on stripersonline site in the U.S there are a lot of guys who own them there and the owner of the company gives what appears to be honest info on that site as a poster too.

the manufacturer sell cheap on ebay too, i will be getting the CRGII reel for fishing the harbour

Message edited by iki jimmy on 27/04/2011 at 12:47 PM
Big Gav
View Profile
Posted on 28/04/2011 at 02:43 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
The reels certainly look the goods, would love to see how smooth the drags are.
I have a few "top" brand name reels, and I'm not really 100% happy with the drags, especialy after the way manufactures talk them up.
At least Colton have a money back gaurentee if your not happy

Gavin Davis
Keeping it reel since 1983......

LOOP Pro Team Australia and NZ
Advanced Fly Fishing School Sydney
Master Certified Flyjunkie
iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 13/06/2012 at 03:32 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
BUMP.
.. just to let you guys now .. Colton have a 40% ofF sale right now.. so if your are looking for 20wt fly rod.. now’s the time - actually they are out of stock on that one

PS i have no affiliation with the company other than i bought a CRGII 8-10 reel and it has performed perfectly - bugger is i paid more than the current prices !!! and i went via their Bay shop !

Message edited by iki jimmy on 14/06/2012 at 02:51 PM
SteveB
View Profile
Posted on 19/11/2012 at 10:13 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I have been using the big Torrent 1315 on makos for some time now and am impressed with the smoothness and all round performance it offers, not to mention line capacity. Played with a 100kg model a few weeks ago and the drag was nice and smooth through various phases of the fight.

Would like to get my hands on a bit more of their gear to soo how that goes - their big end rods certainly look beefy...

They have again gone on sale for the year end / Thanksgiving period and offer incredible value, 40% off rods and 35% off reels - 9-11wt reel that holds heaps of backing for only $215....

Well worth a look

Steve

stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 19/11/2012 at 10:17 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Go with the Mako - I have some very exciting news about these reels coming up !!

For those that have participated in my "Mako raffles", I will have another one (probably the last from me) very soon.

Stuart
<'))))><
iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 19/11/2012 at 12:35 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
stuartt - i think youll find steveb was taking about the mako sharks .... lol

keep me posted on the raffle though as i'd never waste $1200 buck on a fly reel ??, be it a mako, made solid gold or even if it offered a happy ending after use - so i'd better get in on the raffle & win one !

stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 19/11/2012 at 12:44 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Should have said "Go with the MAKO REELS".

Jimmy, NEVER say wasting money on fishing tackle - fishing tackle is an investment !!

Stuart
<'))))><
kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 19/11/2012 at 02:07 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I have a Colton Torrent 8 and its amazing. Have a tradewinds XS 8 and CRGII 5 on the way. Unfortunately they are out of 5 weight rods.

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 19/11/2012 at 02:09 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Excellent INVESTMENTS

Stuart
<'))))><
kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 21/11/2012 at 11:25 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Anyone want to buy anything from there soon. 30-40% sale on, yet shipping is $68 and I'm keen to split.

Kurt

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
  Page 1 of 2    « First   1   2   >   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours