Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Redington CPX reviews
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
tentonner
View Profile
Posted on 19/06/2013 at 12:46 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
G'day,
Have just started to get in to saltwater fly fishing in sydney and am looking for an 7-8wt rod for chasing salmon and rat kings around the Harbour. I have come across a redington CPX 8wt that I can get delivered for $250. Does anyone own one of these or have any reviews (any reviews I find are quite old but seem very positive about them). The other rod I'm considering is a 7wt innovator that I can get for around the same price. Any opinions on which would be the better rod for the task?

kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 19/06/2013 at 06:53 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Get a colton you tight arse

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
William
View Profile
Posted on 19/06/2013 at 10:49 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
kurtisjohnthomas wrote:
Get a colton you tight arse

Kurtis, you do have a way with words For the first time ever last weekend I actually cast a Colton rod - it was the Tradewinds XS in 9wt. Have to say I was VERY impressed.

Tentonner, I have not cast a Redington CPX but I have a whole fleet of the previous model, the CPS. That's a stunner, but some people who have received a CPX as warranty replacements for their broken CPS models were not quite so happy with the CPX. Still, I have no doubt it's a good enough rod for the job. Apparently Redington have really hit the mark again with their newer flagship model the 'Link'.

The Innovator rods are fine. I've cast and fished several different weights - enjoyed using them all.

One thing I've noticed lately is a few Sage TCX models coming onto the second hand market (it's rumoured to be replaced soon) for around the $400 mark. So keep an eye out for one of those too.

The highest form of existence is play
TH
Posted on 20/06/2013 at 06:59 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Well said William.

Tentonner, I have the Redington CPX and CPS in 9# and they are my go to harbour rods for salmon and kings. The CPx is a bit stiffer and I use a different line on it. The innovators are great value rods too but the 7# is getting a little undergunned on the larger fish. I have 3 different innovators and you can cast them and the redingtons at my place if you want. Send me a message.
Tim

tentonner
View Profile
Posted on 20/06/2013 at 09:56 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thanks for the replies lads (except kurt), I think I'll try get my hands on one of the tcx's for sale on a different site. Thanks William and TH for the generous offer.

kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 20/06/2013 at 04:21 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Buy justins Xi3. Only rod i will say is better than Colton..

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 20/06/2013 at 04:39 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
oops meant xi2

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours