Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Resin Jig Heads
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 17/07/2013 at 11:58 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Norm supplied me with some #1 and 1/0 Resin Heads to attach some fluff and a never used before 1/2hr epoxy.

Results looked promising on a first resin head hook up on a Kahawai of about 2-3kgs, Norm was busy braining the rest of the school with a "walk the style" HB, he already straightened a treble on that HB on a previous fish.

Set up used was a MHX 9' #7 throwing a out bound #7 clear sink tip, 9' of branded 5kg flouro straight through. Hooked up, some surface skippage from fish. Quick to boat side and then he went straight for the bottom, locked it up with a tight drag and used the rod to absorb the downward plunges. Then the inevitable ping and the fish was gone. All my loops and knot held but the gape opened on the resin head.

Bugger!

Happiness is a tight loop
Message edited by Lionel on 18/07/2013 at 12:00 AM
Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 18/07/2013 at 12:02 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Trying again

Happiness is a tight loop
Message edited by Lionel on 18/07/2013 at 12:02 AM
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 21/07/2013 at 08:29 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I tied flies on these quite some years ago but felt the always looked weird. They catch fish though and the hooks are nice

Don't swim in a bait ball
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours