Password:
Remember Me

The Game Changer - incredible fly.kingies beware
  Page 2 of 4    « First   <   1   2   3   4   >   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 21/07/2013 at 08:28 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Is that tied using the fish spine? How does this swim?

Don't swim in a bait ball
Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 21/07/2013 at 08:52 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Not tied using the fish spine from Umpqua, home made spine in sections same length as what's on video. Norms ordered some, but I went Hyper Lonk yesterday and rolled one up.

We might have it out on the water next Tuesday.

Happiness is a tight loop
iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 22/07/2013 at 06:10 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
nice stuff, look like a bit of work though -- i mean great wiggle, but a very similar result to using flylipps or similar, and you can tie any fly behind them, but long soft tails will work best - the vid below uses chamois for the tail. also seen bibs made with a mono loop and UV resin .. but some might not accept fishing a lipped fly??

whilst not fishing ive been looking at simply rear weighting flies for dredging to get some slight wiggle and a random darting action

how heavy are the shanks, same gauge etc as the ones for the EP squid ? can you cast them OK

i like that fly lionel.....looks like a meal for jewfish?

iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 22/07/2013 at 06:12 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
this might work -- looks like im just impatient
http://youtu.be/Kpl3jm3ANNg

Message edited by iki jimmy on 22/07/2013 at 06:13 PM
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 22/07/2013 at 10:33 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
They look great iki, do you have a recipe?
JD

Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 23/07/2013 at 08:50 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Yeah, Iki. That's sexy!!!

Message edited by Lionel on 23/07/2013 at 08:51 AM
iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 23/07/2013 at 02:09 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
hi guys,

yeah i've been looking at flys with action for a while now.. but not so keen as to really advance anyone else work.. why bother .. but there are some options to get 'action'

sure - go here for a list of patterns, using the flylipps products http://www.flylipps.com/patterns.html
not sure femme fatale is there its here http://flytyingcontest.com/2010/10/07/rlp-a-femme-fatale/

more youtube here by another chap using the lipps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAPJiG0iQPw
there should be more on youtube, some pool testing etc search "flylipps"

i exchanged emails with the guy behind it greg saunders.. nice bloke very willing to share sent me a amazing prawn fly that i wont swim until i copy it .. if ever lol .. pic below --the one i have actually looks better -- its designed to sit on the bottom on the mono legs then swim up on the strip...

other ways to get action ... some guys use a suction cup tied in at the front of the fly or fake fingernails.. but the flylipps tie in easily as they have a kind of tag end

another fly action i have seen, is achieved by rear weighting flys - its gets get a wiggle too.. and erratic action more so than a bibbed lure wiggle -- see the 'gumbo' vid below it has no bib, its the rear weight on the pause, thinking this might be good for dredging.. ..

rear weighting is how that pole dancer thing does it copy fo the spook top water lure

there is another called the 'gonzo' - its ugly but as far as action goes .. very nice it comes from the rattle in it and thus moving weight

then there is the SST ( i think on blantons site) by dave sellers where he gets the weight at the back of the fly by attaching some wire with lead on it and then filling the gap with resin.. again ugly but apparently works well

anyway thats about all i know, i'm preparing for some serious dredging now we have a sounder installed and am thinking action down deep would be a good thing ??

sorry to be long winded - hope its of interest to some. i have some saved recipes and theory stuff on a couple of PDFs - the site that had them i cant find it looks as though it got hacked at one stage .. Pm me you email and i'll happily share it

cheers
grant

Message edited by iki jimmy on 23/07/2013 at 02:51 PM
Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 23/07/2013 at 03:03 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thanks champ, that prawn is HOT! Very inspirational.....

I fiddled with the SST a long time ago, candies are heaps easier.

Do you think felt would make a good replacement to chamois?

Message edited by Lionel on 23/07/2013 at 03:05 PM
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 24/07/2013 at 07:48 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User

Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 24/07/2013 at 07:49 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User

Page 2 of 4    « First   <   1   2   3   4   >   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours