Password:
Remember Me

The Game Changer - incredible fly.kingies beware
  Page 3 of 4    « First   <   1   2   3   4   >   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 24/07/2013 at 08:07 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User

Don't swim in a bait ball
iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 25/07/2013 at 04:23 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Lionel wrote:
Thanks champ, that prawn is HOT! Very inspirational.....

I fiddled with the SST a long time ago, candies are heaps easier.

Do you think felt would make a good replacement to chamois?

hey Lionel,
do you get your candies to randomly dart like the sst, are we talking the same theory here? did you just weight the rear of the hook with lead ?? as tying the wire in etc on the SST is definitely time consuming but do you get the same action with your candies?

my understanding is that the value, or effectiveness of the SST comes purely from having the lead weight positioned behind the actual hook bend, and thus on the pause the ass really tries to overtake the head and you get a random angle dart on the next strip?
if you look at the recipe and his remarks .. seller specifically defines the number of turns of lead for a few diff hook sizes.. . gives the impression he had done a fair bit of analysis on it, me i have done very little research so iím genuinely interested to hear you results

itís interesting stuff, i wish had more time to play with such things, just cause sellers says its special does not mean it is,

see what i mean by weight past the bend below

cheers
grant

felt, marabou, good old rabbit anything soft would work i think, but they look to be larger flies so anything that sheds water quick would be favourable, unless you have the rod to suit ... but i guess chamois hold water hey?? but conversely they are very thin, some soft synthetic blended with flash might look good (to me at least)

Message edited by iki jimmy on 25/07/2013 at 04:30 PM
Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 25/07/2013 at 04:40 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Most of the time my Candy gets chucked at summer/winter pelagics. I keep the translucence high and prefer no flash except synthetic fibre sheen. Unique hair in clear, smoke as belly colours and a clump of topping in olive on a gama #2 is a reliable bet.

I've never really thought about adding weight to a candy, except clousers and some offshore stuff that IGFA and me have been working.

Williams fiddled abut with beads to keel flies. I'm keen to see one.

Happiness is a tight loop
bonesyboy333
View Profile
Posted on 06/02/2014 at 02:24 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Where can you buy these flies, they look awesome!!!

Sam
View Profile
Posted on 02/04/2014 at 05:50 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Guys I have been adding a split shot to candies as a variation when I get sick of making Clousers Justin asked me to make for a Weipa trip I am making in May.

They look like they will fish ok

I use big eyes and Clear cure glue to hide and secure the shot.

so anyway I call it the "Candy shot"

Sam

The gods do not deduct from man's alloted span the hours spent fishing
Sam
View Profile
Posted on 02/04/2014 at 05:51 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
and the finished Shot candy

The gods do not deduct from man's alloted span the hours spent fishing
bonesyboy333
View Profile
Posted on 01/07/2014 at 02:04 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hey lads, has anyone used these flies yet? If yes did you get fish? I'm keen to buy someone or get some tied, can someone please recommend someone?

kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 02/07/2014 at 10:05 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I fished one.. Its on a big red channel marker. Probably about 10m down, wrapped 5 or 6 times

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
royts
View Profile
Posted on 03/07/2014 at 09:03 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
kurtisjohnthomas wrote:
I fished one.. Its on a big red channel marker. Probably about 10m down, wrapped 5 or 6 times

I'm assuming a fish and not a misplaced cast?

iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 03/07/2014 at 12:08 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
kurtisjohnthomas wrote:

a tailor

Page 3 of 4    « First   <   1   2   3   4   >   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours