Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Royters Flies?
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 06/08/2013 at 08:59 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
maddog/justin.

Nice eye flies.
What is the body material.

Have you checked out gator eyes?

Gator Eyes

They would look wicked on this pattern

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
mal
Posted on 08/08/2013 at 09:06 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Agreed, nice eye flies. Looks like an initial wrap of tinsel followed by a length of thick leader/clear whipper snipper line then CCG or similar?

...mal

Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 08/08/2013 at 10:05 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
royts is in NZ but ill hear from him soon,
JD

Don't swim in a bait ball
royts
View Profile
Posted on 08/08/2013 at 10:37 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I'm going to add some confusion because of my name, but I'm a different royts! I'm going to take a stab and guess the material is elastic beading cord. There was an article a while back in Flylife featuring a fly by Marc Griffiths called the jelly belly minnow, which is a surf candy with the cord wrapped around the hook shank to fill it out and reduce weight. The stuff comes out of china pretty cheaply in heaps of different colours and diameters, I think some of the brand names are crystal tec, or crystal string. It's pretty similar to crazy lace in the smaller diameters.

kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 10/08/2013 at 03:48 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Judging by this photo, I think its different

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 11/08/2013 at 07:08 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Yeah, it's a mix of materials. This one looked like the VHS tape with silver underlay

Don't swim in a bait ball
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours