Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Salt water poppers
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
bonesyboy333
View Profile
Posted on 14/07/2014 at 10:57 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hey guys, I wanted to ask your opinion on a good sealer/finish to use on fly popper bodies? I want something that will dry smooth and hard.

Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 14/07/2014 at 01:49 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
A very light coat of Zpoxy 1/2hr.

Happiness is a tight loop
bonesyboy333
View Profile
Posted on 15/07/2014 at 01:05 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thanks Lionel, I could only get the 5 minute one, does it matter?

Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 15/07/2014 at 06:23 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
You're welcome. 5 min epoxy yellows quickly, 1/2hr epoxy won't yellow and gives more working time.

Any good hobby shop should carry the 1/2 hr epoxy. Try the regular fly shops too.

Happiness is a tight loop
iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 17/07/2014 at 11:59 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
i'd just go the sally hansens hard as nails, its got a little flex so its does not chip like epoxy.

but thats unless you are using sharpies for colour then the colour will bleed

bonesyboy333
View Profile
Posted on 18/07/2014 at 01:53 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thanks Kimmy, what do you mean by sharpies for colour?

iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 18/07/2014 at 02:16 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
bonesyboy...you know the coloured marker pens, sharpie is a brand like artline markers - if you use them to colour you foam popper heads and then coat with most thing not water based the chemicals get weird and the colour will run or bleed ruining the paint job a bit -- whether fish mind i don't know .

if you paint with acrylic paints mostly no issue. i haven't tried it but heard a whisper that a coast of hair spray over the marker pens first will reduce or eliminate the problem . think 60 min or 90 min epoxy doesn't make the markers bleed ... i just hate using epoxy due to the drying time and smell
hope that helps
grant

Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours