Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Switch rods for Luderick
  Page 2 of 2    « First   <   1   2   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 09/09/2016 at 09:00 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
William wrote:
Peter, I'm still keen on this - just tied a batch of flies.

Still interested too William, just a matter of finding time. A scarce commodity at the moment. Lake? or rocks?

Have you looked at Turrimetta lately?

William
View Profile
Posted on 25/04/2017 at 01:21 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Peter, I recently bought an 11ft 4wt switch for this caper. You still keen to give it a try?

The highest form of existence is play
Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 25/04/2017 at 06:45 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi,

PM sent. Were you thinking of with the 4wt? A lake session or off the rocks?

What line do you have on the 4wt?

Peter

William
View Profile
Posted on 14/05/2017 at 07:43 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
George the lake is strangely quiet this year - I'm getting rather frustrated

Peter, I've got an ancient Orvis nymph line called "zebra-tip" - heavy short front taper with highly visible end that does away with need for indicator. Works well on the 4wt switch - certainly casts well - just need some fish now.

Message edited by William on 14/05/2017 at 07:47 PM
Bluecod
Posted on 15/05/2017 at 09:09 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
William wrote:
George the lake is strangely quiet this year - I'm getting rather frustrated

Patience William - they haven't started yet .... well not locally anyway I'm going to go and have a wander along the wall later today to see if they've left any tracks yet.

Cheers,

George
William
View Profile
Posted on 18/05/2017 at 05:43 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
George, are we there yet?

Bluecod
Posted on 19/05/2017 at 10:56 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
No hint of them at all yet William - we've still got mullet [stragglers] running to sea up here.

The old-timers reckon another month should see them in, but could be earlier if the water temps drop soon - it's still like bathwater out there

Cheers,

George
Bluecod
Posted on 25/05/2017 at 09:13 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
They may have started up here William. The fish'n'chip shop at the fish co-op is advertising luderick and chips on their blackboard and they only do that if there's a few about. If I can get some weed I may have a shot at them tomorrow to see if there's any in their usual haunts in the river.

Cheers,

George
  Page 2 of 2    « First   <   1   2   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours