Username:
Password:
Remember Me

THE Chappos oddesy FNQ 2010
  Page 1 of 2    « First   1   2   >   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Chappo
View Profile
Posted on 26/06/2010 at 09:06 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Well as you guys are reading this, my first post of many I hope, Ruth and I are just about to bunk down in the Chappos Hilton in beautiful Bowen in Far North Qld (FNQ).
We are on a mission to drive to the tip of Cape York, with plenty of fishing, 4 Wheel Driving and adventure along the way, at this stage we have been pushing North with not too many stops along the way, in a effort to get to the Cape.
We will stay in Bowen for a couple of days to chill out after the drive and hopefully prick a few lips! and enjoy the 27deg days
We will strive to keep you informed of our progress, allowing for internet accessability of course, I'm ready to go fishing
Hope you enjoy
Rob & Ruth
PS: Yep we stopped in Bunderberg, that bear's COOL
PSS: Don't you hate it when someone dribbles on your Tshirt

Is that a fish in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Message edited by Chappo on 26/06/2010 at 09:09 PM
Chappo
View Profile
Posted on 26/06/2010 at 09:21 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
The Office
Rob

Big Gav
View Profile
Posted on 27/06/2010 at 08:10 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Good on you Rob!!!!
Looks like "Chappos Hilton" is a great set up mate, good luck and be sure to keep use updated on the warm weather

Gavin Davis
Keeping it reel since 1983......

LOOP Pro Team Australia and NZ
Advanced Fly Fishing School Sydney
Master Certified Flyjunkie
William
View Profile
Posted on 27/06/2010 at 10:15 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
So there is a viable alternative to winter woolies Keep the pics coming Chappo!!!

The highest form of existence is play
Pete W
View Profile
Posted on 28/06/2010 at 12:56 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
G'donya Rob. I'm looking forward to hearing about the rest of your adventure. I'm thinking of doing something similar in a few years time.

Pete.

Pete W
george
View Profile
Posted on 30/06/2010 at 11:47 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Great stuff Rob....stay in touch, keep posting, good luck with the fishing and safe driving.

Ken
View Profile
Posted on 30/06/2010 at 10:05 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thats great Rob, have a great trip, have you got the Galey in tow?? Hope you get stuck into the fishing.

Chappo
View Profile
Posted on 02/07/2010 at 08:37 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hey guys
In Cairns at the mo and have just spent a day on the reef on the Quicksilver, unreal!!
Giant GT's almost close enough to reach out and pat
The truck has developed a bit of an oil leak, so that needs to be addressed before we press on. So we will be heading off on Sunday up to Bloomfield via Cape Trib and Mossman Gorge.
From there to Cooktown and Bathurst Bay, Weipa, Cullen Point, Bamaga via OTL track and then back down, well that's the plan at the moment.
Will post some pics soon.
Enjoy the cool weather 28deg. for the last week , love it
Rob
PS: Ken, where we are heading there would be nothing left of the GALEY when we got back, it's pretty wild up there. most guys put bttheir boats on the barge from Cairns and ship them to Weipa, so I will just hire a boat for a few days and not have to worry about the damage to the boat.

Ken
View Profile
Posted on 14/07/2010 at 09:12 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Sounds great Rob, good idea about not towing the boat then, towing would have added to fuel expenses as well all the way up there.

Chappo
View Profile
Posted on 28/07/2010 at 09:31 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
It's been ages since my last post but internet access is fairly scarce around this neck of the woods!
Well a lot has happened since we last had contact, I am now in Weipa after visiting Bathurst Head on the East coast North of Cooktown then on to the Tip via Seisia where we stayed for 4 days. We then headed down the coast to Virilia Head where we then drove 14ks south along the beach to the mouth of the Cotterel River where we set up camp, fished and hung out. The Cotterel is an amazing place we chased Jumbo tuna off shore and hooked up to over 15 fish in 2 days landing only one on conventional gear. The sharks are huge and hungry We were fishing out of an old 12' tinny and many of the Bull sharks were longer than the boat, I can tell you when you have a fish on and a 4mtr shark smashes the surface and takes your fish a mere 3 mtrs from the boat, it gets the old sphincter twitching.
Then off to the Penyfather river for another 4 days, this spot is Golden Trevally and Queen fish central There are also heaps of Barra and Mangrove Jacks to be had if you know your way arround, unfortunately we didn't maybe next time. Did I mention the crocks? There were heaps of them, seriously scary stuff when you consider that all they really want to do is eat you
To effectively fish this area you really need access to a boat, it really is almost impossible with out one, I have been fortunate to get a few rides in boats but it's tough trying to chuck a fly when the skipper is a bait fisho but I have managed a few fish, not as many as I would like but next time I will have to chuck a tinny on top of the old beast.

William
View Profile
Posted on 29/07/2010 at 10:31 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Chappo wrote:
... it gets the old sphincter twitching...

Good hear you're alive and "twitching" Rob

Sounds like much fun and an accumulation of great wisdom we'll have to extract from you over a few beers on your return.

The highest form of existence is play
  Page 1 of 2    « First   1   2   >   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours