Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Christmas Island
  Page 1 of 6    « First   1   2   3   4   5   >   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:09 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
George (Bluecod) and I have just returned from Christmas Island. We stayed at the KPC Villages. The digs were great, with views of the lagoon from the front door of our bungalow.

Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:31 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Food was great, which was a nice change from last time. Cereal, toast, eggs/bacon, pancakes were on the menu for breakfast. You made your own sandwiches for lunch. Apres fishing, there was Sashimi in the "meeting hut", washed down with a few Heinekens.

Dinner, was a choice of fish (Tuna steaks or Wahoo) or meat (Chicken, Roast Lamb or Steaks). We even had lobster a couple of times. Much better than my last trip over there. Certainly no-one was left feeling hungry.

(Angler in the photo is Dave from Hawaii, who was there with his wife, Erin. Just the four of us there for the week)

Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:40 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Anyway, the plane arrived at about 6.30. With experience gained from my last trip, we were through customs quickly and out on the water by 9.30. First day we fished with Tony, one of the guides from my last trip at the Mini. Good to see a familiar face. We fished "Go Like Hell" flat and both George and I quickly had our first bonefish for the trip to break the tension. Fish were mostly small, but plentiful. Here is George and Tony on "Go Like Hell".

Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:42 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Time to try out the underwater camera (Olympus Tough 8010)

Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:44 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Day 2 saw us down at the Korean Wreck. This is an early start followed by a looong truck ride.

Message edited by Peter D on 31/07/2010 at 04:45 PM
Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:47 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Even the guides looked bored. One of the guides even fell asleep in a position not too dissimilar to this....

Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:51 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
But the fish were bigger and there was more variety to be had...

Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:53 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Korean Wreck Bonefish

Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:54 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
My trainee guide called this one a "Redlips" but other thought it could be a Sweetlip

Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:56 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
The remaining days were spent on fishing from the boats, which were moored on the beach in front of our lodge.

Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2010 at 04:58 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
The starts were always early, on the water between 6 and 7. MAde for some great sunrises.

Page 1 of 6    « First   1   2   3   4   5   >   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours