Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Christmas Island
  Page 5 of 6    « First   <   1   2   3   4   5   6   >   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Peter D
View Profile
Posted on 10/08/2010 at 07:26 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Should have a few more starters next time around

Message edited by Peter D on 10/08/2010 at 07:27 PM
Ken
View Profile
Posted on 10/08/2010 at 08:42 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Great report and if thats not enough to get some of us to go on a fishing journey of a life time, then nothing is. Well done to the both of you, I've already started begging to the Mrs to let me go Some great photos there, congrats again.

Bluecod
Posted on 10/08/2010 at 09:04 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
2 days back at the office is enough - almost booked a flight back there today.

Life is too short fellas, if you want to do something ... be it CXI or something completely different, just go ahead and do it whilst you still can.

One of my fillings fell out at lunch time and I have the ssh1ts with Sydney's weather ...... at least I haven't forgotten .... yet

Cheers,

George
Pommy Matt
Posted on 11/08/2010 at 08:08 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
awesome fishing guys - I almost got out there a few years back, got to get it back on the agenda..
It doesn't sound like it was busy at all?
What are flights ex Sydney going for now? I remember them as being pretty reasonable when I was looking into it.

Chappo
View Profile
Posted on 11/08/2010 at 08:31 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Well done George and Peter!!
Takes me back to a few years ago when a few of us did the CXI trip, what a blast!!
I've just returned from a 2 month road trip to Cape York and am suffering a similar fate as yourselves.
I'm ready to go again!

Rob

Is that a fish in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Ken
View Profile
Posted on 11/08/2010 at 09:26 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi Rob,
glad to hear about your trip, sounds great and like CI is something I'd like to do. Spot X has been doing it for us lately if you want your fly fix, we've been getting heaps of trevs and a few kings..

Bluecod
Posted on 11/08/2010 at 09:53 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Pommy Matt wrote:
awesome fishing guys - I almost got out there a few years back, got to get it back on the agenda..
It doesn't sound like it was busy at all?
What are flights ex Sydney going for now? I remember them as being pretty reasonable when I was looking into it.

Cheers,

George
Message edited by Bluecod on 11/08/2010 at 09:53 AM
Bluecod
Posted on 11/08/2010 at 10:17 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Don't know what happened to the first batch of text I put into this post but will Edit.

Matt, flights are around $1200 ex Sydney - with all inclusive accomodation/boat/guides you'll be in for around $3500.

Then you have the extras - fishing licence $55, departure tax $20, booze $????, spare fly lines, flats wading boots, flies, stripping basket [very handy] etc. Buying wisely off forum classifieds and on-line you can save heaps on the extras. If you allow an all up budget of around $4,000 you should have it covered, depending on the amount of gear you need to buy. You'll also need a stopover in Nadi on the way back and you should allow around $150 for accomodation meals and a few beers.

I made around 180 CXI Specials in sizes 4, 6 and 8 on Mustad C68S SS in various colours - light pink, dark pink, red, tan, white, and orange predominantly with brass dumbell eyes in 2 and 3 mm - invariably the guides would opt for an orange size 4 with the 3mm eyes - or occasionally a light pink - in shin deep water I was using the flies tied with 2mm eyes as well and Pete used some with bead chain. I wouldn't have gone through more than 20 flies for the trip. Throw in some 150mm baitfish profiles on 4/0 for the trevally [white belly graduating to a light blue side with dark back and a bit of flash] and strip those back fast with a double handed retrieve.

Keep in mind that what we used had a lot to do with the locations we fished and in some spots tan or white/yellow flies may have been the go and I would also tie some up on some lead eyes for the deeper spots with more current.

Cheers,

George
bye bye Christina
View Profile
Posted on 13/03/2012 at 04:31 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
ohh wow what a amazing & nice fishing pictures gallery ! Guys I would like to know how did you catch these amazing & beautiful pictures !

sport in miami

Message edited by bye bye Christina on 13/03/2012 at 04:33 PM
William
View Profile
Posted on 13/03/2012 at 11:13 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
christina21maria wrote:
ohh wow what a amazing & nice fishing pictures gallery ! Guys I would like to know how did you catch these amazing & beautiful pictures !

You have good taste christina

The highest form of existence is play
  Page 5 of 6    « First   <   1   2   3   4   5   6   >   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours