» Jervis Bay- Sussex Inlet
Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Jervis Bay- Sussex Inlet
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Bickers
Posted on 07/07/2011 at 08:15 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I am heading down to Jervis Bay for the weekend and hoping to get a chance to get in some flyfishing. I recall a thread sometime ago about fishing Sussex Inlet/Shoalhaven but can't find it. If anybody has any advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony Bickersteth

Big Gav
View Profile
Posted on 07/07/2011 at 07:39 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hey Anthony,
I was there arround this time last year. Had shots at some really big sambo's rite at the inlet, but failed to connect ( 20knot winds didnt help much )
They would cruise up and down the beach, then surf waves rite in across the sand bar. It's deffinately worth alook, but be patient, as they may only come in across the bar every so often depending on there beat.
The other option would be to get on a boat and head out wide, plenty of yellow fin arround, a mate caught a 35keg on the weekend

Gavin Davis
Keeping it reel since 1983......

LOOP Pro Team Australia and NZ
Advanced Fly Fishing School Sydney
Master Certified Flyjunkie
Bickers
Posted on 08/07/2011 at 09:27 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thanks Gav - what are the chances of a YFT coming in over the bar? Worth dreaming about. Will go down and take a look. Cheers

Anthony

aiza
Posted on 03/09/2013 at 05:24 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
It was all 'czech nymphing'. A section of the guide's leader set-up was of fluoro mono acting as a strike indicator using a 5 weight outfit - which I thought was too heavy, but did the job.

aiza
William
View Profile
Posted on 03/09/2013 at 06:21 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
^ Amazing first post Aiza, what were you chasing?

The highest form of existence is play
stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 04/09/2013 at 10:53 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
William wrote:
^ Amazing first post Aiza, what were you chasing?

Trying to catch a boat from Lahore to Christmas Island !

Stuart
<'))))><
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours