» ICELAND
Username:
Password:
Remember Me

ICELAND
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
TheoB
Posted on 31/07/2011 at 05:28 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi I'm Theo
Don't get to the forum much but I hope someone may help me with some info
Has anyone fished Iceland before...I may get a chance to go there for business in 2013 and I don't think that there is much else to do other than fish.
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks

Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2011 at 10:30 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
If Its any help theo, wear warm clothes and undies

Don't swim in a bait ball
Message edited by Justin D on 31/07/2011 at 10:36 AM
Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 31/07/2011 at 11:26 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Don't fall in either

Happiness is a tight loop
TheoB
Posted on 14/08/2011 at 07:07 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Very helpful
thanks guys

onfly
View Profile
Posted on 14/08/2011 at 09:03 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Giddy Theo, I would try fishing in the water myself. Heading up to have a fish with Derek this week take care . Darren bissett.

Pete W
View Profile
Posted on 15/08/2011 at 04:02 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Theo,

The guys who present the Rise Fly Fishing film festival each year went to Iceland. They produced a DVD - 'The Source - Iceland'

Sent an email to them. They may be able to help out.

cheers,

Pete.

Pete W
Conkiejoe
View Profile
Posted on 15/10/2011 at 10:31 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi Theo,

From my days of selling fishing holidays in the UK, Iceland is known as an Atlantic salmon, trout and sea trout destination. They have good salmon runs every year and their is the chance of hooking something around the 20lb mark. Depending on the conditions i.e. wind strength, you either use a single hand 9wt or the traditional 16ft double handed spey rod. These bigger spey rods are great to use, and though bigger and a bit heaver they actually require less effort to cast.

Flies used are the traditional Scottish salmon flies, Web Page Name Just need to check out if they use single, double or treble hooks and which sizes are best. The salmon can be like kings and some days hit a big fly, while on others you can't fish small enough.

Some of the better rivers are private access only and can be expensive to access, so I would start making inquiries with your work contacts to see if they have any access or can put you in contact with a guide etc.

Hope that's of some help, but would definitely be considering taking the fishing gear if it was me.

Cheers,

Russell

Russell Conchie
Flyfishing Iceland
View Profile
Posted on 20/04/2012 at 03:12 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi Theo B.

There are many good fishing places in Iceland.
Question is when are you coming and what kind of fishing do you like to fish for.

You can send me mail and I can give you more info´s about fishing in Iceland. gummiatli@gmail.com

Regards
Gudmundur Atli

www.flyfishinginiceland.com
Bodach
View Profile
Posted on 19/10/2012 at 08:15 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi Theo,

There is fantastic Atlantic Salmon fishing, along with brown trout all in rivers. Don't plan to take fishing tackle as you have to get it disinfected and a vet certificate to verify. Best to hire gear there, deep sea fishing for cod, halibat is the main species there, along with pollock etc.,

Summer time may to sept would be the time I would visit, not too cold and daylight 22 hours per day, winter 4 hours day light.

Regards,

Bod

Screaming Reels!
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours