Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Boat Service Costs
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
tentonner
View Profile
Posted on 15/11/2012 at 07:46 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi, there is an older topic on this but I wanted to get a fresh idea of your guys engine servicing costs? I have 08 115hp 4 str yammie. When I take it to the dealer to get serviced it usually costs about 1000 bucks when taking in to account trailer service, a couple bits and bobs on the boat itself and a service of the motor. Reading through some of the old posts it looks like I am getting ripped off majorly. But in the posts I was reading people spoke only of engine servicing, so I was am trying to get a feel for what people pay for a boat trailer and motor service? I've been happy with the dealer so far but only because I had no one to compare him to. What do you guys think?
Cheers

stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 16/11/2012 at 09:51 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
My last service for a 100HP cost about that but it was a major service and there was a problem with the gearbox that needed closer attention and some work on the trailer lights as well.

Stuart
<'))))><
SteveB
View Profile
Posted on 02/12/2012 at 05:17 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I have always used Grant Perry of Sydney Outbaord Services and he has always been very good and also very well priced.....10 year history with him, 2 motors, one a 200HP Yamaha 2 stroke and one a 200 hp Honda 4 stroke. I am offshore a lot and reliability of motor is key....and has never been an issue with Grant looking after me.

My 200 4stroke would come in around 800 so your 115 should be a bit better than that.

He is based in Taren Point and operates out of a large secure warehouse and workshop.

Steve

ChrisRider
Posted on 30/05/2013 at 04:10 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi there, i have a 200HP Mariner outboard, if its just a regular yearly service, with no major gearbox problems or anything like that, i usually pay about $500 to get the general service done, and that includes everything from new spark plugs, fuses, thermostats, gearbox fluid change, and so on. But i guess a 4 stroke might be a little more expensive to service?

Custom Inflatable Boat Builder Sydney
jessicasmith
Posted on 13/07/2013 at 03:24 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
very nice forum

jessica
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours