Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Reflooring
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
royts
View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2014 at 03:20 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
As a winter project I am planning on replacing the floor panels on an old quintrex freedom sport. After a bit of research my plan is to:
- Lift the old floor panels and use as a guide to trace out new panels
- Cut marine plywood to size
- Seal plywood, including screw holes (any recommendations on a sealant? I've been told a boat building epoxy)
- Attach carpet using contact adhesive such as qwik grip
- Refit floor panels
Now I am not much of a handman so I was hoping somebody could let me know if I'm heading in the right direction?

stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 05/06/2014 at 10:29 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Royts

I just completed exactly that exercise on my 5.0 Hornet.

Just use a good quality timber undercoat from the paint shop.

Don't worry about epoxy, it is far too much of an overkill. The glue that Whitworths ell is as good and as cheap as any others.

Take the time to make sure that any corrosion under the panels is repaired. Light grinding and then a good aluminium etch primer and then a gloss topcoat. Once again the guys at Whitworths are pretty good with product there.

All in all it took me about 4 days from start to finish.

Stuart
<'))))><
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours