HOMEABOUTPHOTO GALLERYNEWS AND VIDSFORUMCONTACT
Don't have a login?
Forums Index
» Boats !
» lowrance HDS sounders - sonar log viewer (SLV)
Username:
Password:
Remember Me

lowrance HDS sounders - sonar log viewer (SLV)
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 23/07/2014 at 03:39 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
have an HDS-5 gen 1, and save some sonar logs onto a card and reviewing the info on the PC at home using the log viewer program... any one else tried this? ive seen some good fish on the bottom i missed as i didnt have the brown bottom on (just the white background which i think is pallete 1). an now have an idea of just how much clutter i need to see to be sure i'm getting a decent amount of info back

the issue i have with the SLV if i put the program on the PC onto auto sensitivity the screen washes out yellow -- even when i adjust the auto down as far as it goes .. , playing with colour line is no real help either ...best i get is a blue or purple background - which does show fish mind you --- but this is when using the normal white background scheme? leading me to think sensitivity is too high ... i flick back to manual and can get it right

any ideas if its a normal thing ? is it my log file recorded on wrong settings ? or is it that i am missing something?

i understand that the viewer is generic and not an HDS emulator so maybe it just doesn't work?

any ideas?

thanks

grant

Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 10/09/2014 at 04:33 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I can ask for you Grant, I have gen 2 so cant help you out myself.
JD

Don't swim in a bait ball
iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 12/09/2014 at 10:21 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
thanks justin,
no urgency though, its been fun playing with SLV so far, changing the bottom colour and sensitivity and colour line to turn what looked like bumps/ smudges on the bottom to marks identifiable as fish, will be invaluable when hunting for jews im thinking
cheers
grant
ps pretty sure the logs from gen 2 units will work on the SLV

Message edited by iki jimmy on 12/09/2014 at 10:22 AM
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours