» Quintrex steering
Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Quintrex steering
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Bickers
Posted on 19/09/2014 at 02:02 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi looking for advice. I have a Qunintex Topender that I have owned for 3.5 years. It is having its annual service and I have been told that I need to replace the steering as I had advised them that it is stiff. The mechanic has explained that this is quire common for these particular boats because the steering cable follows severall tight bends and the cables develop kinks in them. Seems unusual to me that something as fundamental as the steering would only last such a short period. They have also recommended that I replace the system with hydraulics. Has anyone had similar issues and how did they resolve them? Secondly any thoughts on cable ($700) vs. hydraulics ($2,100) systems? Thanks Anthony

Bluecod
Posted on 19/09/2014 at 05:39 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
$2100 for hydraulic steering

I had a Baystar bullhorn hydraulic system put into my little Quinnie for under a $1000 ... granted it was a couple of years ago, but not by $1100. I'd be getting another quote Anthony.

Where are you based ?

Cheers,

George
Bluecod
Posted on 20/09/2014 at 04:13 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Here you go Bickers - a bloke I know in the business has provided this advice.

Quote:
Remove and replace steering with new Ultraflex hydraulic system with flex hydraulic lines from helm to ram reusing existing steering wheel $1350.00

If you want his contact details, just shoot me a PM.

Cheers,

George
stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 22/09/2014 at 11:10 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I have had hydraulic in my 5m Hornet for 10 years, it is as good as the day it was installed. Worth the money to have it installed but the quote you have is way over the top.
If you are handy, it is not a big deal to install yourself.

Stuart
<'))))><
stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 22/09/2014 at 12:25 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
It looks like Whitworths do a kit for $1k
HyDrive Kit from Whitworths. The same as the one I have in my boat.

Stuart
<'))))><
Bickers
Posted on 22/09/2014 at 01:31 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thanks George and Stuart for the advice. George I will send you a PM

Cheers Anthony

Bluecod
Posted on 22/09/2014 at 03:14 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Reply sent

Cheers,

George
MJ
View Profile
Posted on 27/09/2015 at 04:41 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Bickers,

I had Hydrive Hydraulic steering for 10 years on the Trailcraft.

I had no problems.I chose Seastar Hydraulic

steering on the new Stabicraft CConsole-excellent.

I have heard about longevity problems with

cable before.Like many things you get what you

pay for unfortunately!

Mark

Message edited by MJ on 27/09/2015 at 04:57 PM
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours