Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Vintage Flies
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 12/08/2014 at 09:35 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Got given a few boxes of vintage flies..

Have no idea what im sitting on..
Anyway have any idea

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 12/08/2014 at 09:36 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Pic 2

Any ideas guys?

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
stuartt
View Profile
Posted on 12/08/2014 at 10:32 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Looks very much like a Hardy fly box, should have their crest etched on the front.

Stuart
<'))))><
kurtisjohnthomas
View Profile
Posted on 12/08/2014 at 11:34 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
This is the only markings i could find

Kurt

Tailor Slayer
iki jimmy
View Profile
Posted on 14/08/2014 at 01:54 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
looks like something i had once, is the leader cat gut? i had a similar box and some brand new in the waxed paper packet cat gut and horse hair leaders, plus some ancient brass lures and a bunch of collectible cigarette boxes ... my old man accidentally sold them when he had a garage sale after i told him not to sell my stuff and and hid them in the cupboard. some professional picker bloke ferreted in places he shouldn't have and asked to buy it, dada agreed thinking my special stuff was safe ion the cupboard - bugger got it all for $20, (i'd paid $120 10 years earlier to a mate after his dad died) i tracked the guy down and he wanted 40 then 50 then 100 to give them back, then vanished ... man i was angry -- must still be if i am bothered writing this post lol
i do have a very old cane rod if you wanted to set up a display case, happy to donate to you . ps think about giving the fly a dose of hair spray top preserve them , or they will turn to dust

Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours