Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Good and Bad
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Big Gav
View Profile
Posted on 25/07/2008 at 07:04 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Is it just me, or does everyone else seem to have good and bad casting days aswell?
Last weekend I felt like having a flick, so I got out on the lawn and to my surprise I was nailing everthing. I had never felt the rod load like that before, my tracking was sweet and I my distance was crazy.
2day was a different story though! Had the arvo of work, so I decided to head down to the park for a cast. I had no feeling through the rod, consistantly had tailing loops, and my long casts kept hitting the ground. Frustrating to say the least, so I gave up with the rite hand and started from skratch with the left.
Funny how it goes, but I supose thats what keeps it interesting.

Gavin Davis
Keeping it reel since 1983......

LOOP Pro Team Australia and NZ
Advanced Fly Fishing School Sydney
Master Certified Flyjunkie
Pete W
View Profile
Posted on 26/07/2008 at 10:18 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Yeah, me too Gav.........frustrating!

Pete.

Pete W
jono shales

View Profile
Posted on 29/07/2008 at 07:44 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Nah mate, must just be you ..

Seriously though, I know what you mean, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

Weiry
View Profile
Posted on 29/07/2008 at 08:04 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Its days... when you loose your MOJO. Gav I get those days as well.

I had one session on CI where... every cast hooked up to the bottom and had tangles and I cast at a cracker bone and the fly snagged on the first strip.....I hooked into my hat on one cast...a shocker, Im glad it was just that one day.

cheers Craig 'Weiry'

"WE'RE IN A LINE HERE!"

gizo
View Profile
Posted on 15/09/2008 at 04:47 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Just like golf, go out and nail everything one day and can't hit it the next

Cheers

Gizo
42.7% of statistics are made up on the spot
gizo
View Profile
Posted on 15/09/2008 at 04:48 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Just like golf, go out and nail everything one day and can't hit it the next

Cheers

Gizo
42.7% of statistics are made up on the spot
Boris
Posted on 22/09/2008 at 05:58 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Happens to me too; but lately I've been using a bit of pychology - give myself some exercises I can nail - on myself to try to salvage the session with relaxed control. I've been visualising the earlier success and checking through the preliminary steps, grip, shorten the line out, start with tight loops, try to relax my hand and reduce the effort used in the stroke. etc etc, you know all the stuff. Then lengthen bit by bit. It worked for the last couple of times I felt stumped at my inability.

I also find that if I regularly change my casting exercises, for example lately I've been trying to extend the amount of line I can hold in the air with controled loops, however, after a several minutes I change to something completely different like short curve casts then go back to the line carry. It helps to end on a high note by nailing something I can do well even if it's old hat for me.

There are times I realise I should do something completely different ........ like have a beer!

Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours