Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Casting
  Page 1 of 2    « First   1   2   >   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Big Gav
View Profile
Posted on 04/10/2009 at 07:58 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
This thread hasnt been hit for awhile, so to keep the ball rolling-
After recent events, I realise that everyone has there own opinion on flycasting, but one thing I love is how those who voice there opinion when not asked always seem to be experts......
Very Amusing

Gavin Davis
Keeping it reel since 1983......

LOOP Pro Team Australia and NZ
Advanced Fly Fishing School Sydney
Master Certified Flyjunkie
Big Gav
View Profile
Posted on 05/10/2009 at 06:01 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Anyway, check the way the line morphs in this vid, very cool

Gavin Davis

beerie
View Profile
Posted on 06/10/2009 at 11:13 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Nice
Also interesting to see where the hall and his body starts and stops moving.

Beerie

little ones in little streams and big ones in big seas
Message edited by beerie on 06/10/2009 at 11:14 PM
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 07/10/2009 at 03:18 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
That's Lasse karlson, he's a fine caster. So here is one for the students of casting. What's causing the loop to morph, isn't he dropping the rod tip too low on the back? Doesn't that cause open loops?

Hey Gav, I always find on a some of the forums the biggest talkers are often the least of the experts!!

Don't swim in a bait ball
Big Gav
View Profile
Posted on 07/10/2009 at 04:36 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I think all the power is focused in one direction, causing a tight loop face. Then this 'tight face', with its super fast speed pulls everything back into place.
Or it could be magic

Justin D wrote:

Hey Gav, I always find on a some of the forums the biggest talkers are often the least of the experts!!

JD it was an atempt at sarcasim, sorry I should have worded it better-
One thing I love is how those who voice there opinion when not asked always seem to THINK there experts......

Gavin Davis

beerie
View Profile
Posted on 07/10/2009 at 04:44 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Guys is he attemping a stopless cast

Or are you both putting **Moderated** on me

Beerie

Big Gav
View Profile
Posted on 07/10/2009 at 05:07 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Beerie I think you could call it that
One thing that was pointed out to me about this cast was that it always has alot of tention on the top and bottom leg (more than a conventional style), meaning that if you are casting with a stong side wind, its less likely to be blown all over the place
+ it looks mad

Gavin Davis

beerie
View Profile
Posted on 07/10/2009 at 08:06 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Gav would use it on a boat in the wind; wind does mean chop

Beerie

Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 07/10/2009 at 09:21 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
comon ladies, between beerie thinking I was having a sledge at him and now Gav I'm worried about which skirts you lads are going to wear on the next fishing trip
I was actually agreeing with you Gav
Nice analysis of the cast, yep, agree it's the massive casting stroke causing huge line speed that pulls the bottom leg straight in the direction of the loop. Not sure I agree with the term "stopless cast" There is always a stop

Don't swim in a bait ball
Big Gav
View Profile
Posted on 08/10/2009 at 04:53 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Justin D wrote:
comon ladies, between beerie thinking I was having a sledge at him and now Gav I'm worried about which skirts you lads are going to wear on the next fishing trip

Thats an easy one Justin, I'll be wearing one of the new "Sydney Fly Fishing Swiftwater Skirts"
Water proof, wind resistant and with a choice between 2 tones of hot pink, your almost guaranteed to have any salmon school all to your self

Gavin Davis

Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 10/10/2009 at 09:38 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Wouldn't pulling the bottom leg of the back cast flyline up with the loop, paralell to the rod tip cause energey depletion. Draining the backcast loop of it's own energy, slowing it down and creating drag.

Wouldn't it be easier just to turn yourself around? to get the side wind opposite and your back cast will become your forward cast.

Nice looking cast though.

Sledge away lads!

Happiness is a tight loop
Message edited by Lionel on 10/10/2009 at 09:39 PM
  Page 1 of 2    « First   1   2   >   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours