» Casting lessons
Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Casting lessons
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Bluecod
Posted on 12/07/2012 at 04:43 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Some bloke hereabouts recently put out an email inviting folks along to have a lesson as he had a bit of spare time up his sleeve. Cost an arm and a leg mind you

Shortly after sending an affirmative email to his website address, I had to leave the house and wouldn't have a clue if he's been trying to contact me or not as mobile phones and myself do not get along very well. As he's aware of some inherrent issues in my casting, he's probably gone interstate again

If he's still around I can fit in most days next week although Monday arvo has now been booked with my lovely young physiotherapist

Cheers,

George
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 13/07/2012 at 11:33 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Cant imagine who you mean George but if you are looking for some casting time I'm happy to accommodate you and your lovely physio

Don't swim in a bait ball
Bluecod
Posted on 16/07/2012 at 04:56 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thanks Justin - a very pleasant morning session in the sun down at the local park ... coffee was more than passable too!

Learnt a few things to take away with me, and sorted a few issues out .... all to practise on leading up to bonefish time

Cheers,

George
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 16/07/2012 at 05:17 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Some awesome loops there mate, it ain't rocket science as you know but those tweaks make a huge difference. No Christmas island bonefish is safe now, in any wind!!!

Bluecod
Posted on 16/07/2012 at 06:15 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Very nice of you to say that, but as you were well aware within a minute of starting there were a few inherent bugs to sort out - I put a bit more time in late this afternoon and the tail has definitely gone.

Even after a series of lessons over the past few years with some of the great Australian casters, it just wasn't sinking in exactly how little effort you need to put into a cast to make it a great cast.

Having the opportunity to go one on one ... and your reinforcement of a "less is more" mentality, has finally wormed its way into my mindspace and what I got out of the session has made an unbelievable difference to my casting in such a short space of time.

That Belgium cast is also the duck's nuts to avoid any hook adornments

Cheers,

George
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 16/07/2012 at 08:35 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Belgian, Belgian! Carl McNeill would kill me if we didn't call it the oval or constant tension cast.

Bluecod
Posted on 16/07/2012 at 08:43 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Justin D wrote:
Belgian, Belgian!

Always had trouble with the Irish accent

Cheers,

George
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | site by idfk | powered by GraphiteFORUMS™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours