HOMEABOUTPHOTO GALLERYNEWS AND VIDSFORUMCONTACT
Don't have a login?
Forums Index
» Flyfishing In Sydney and Beyond
» LOCKOUTS ARE COMING - DO SOMETHING NOW!!!
Fill in the form below to resend the Password
Username:
Email:

LOCKOUTS ARE COMING - DO SOMETHING NOW!!!
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
William
View Profile
Posted on 19/08/2018 at 09:56 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Everybody get your asses over to FB group and join the resistance.
Cheers
William

https://www.facebook.com/groups/531383587069186/about/

The highest form of existence is play
Message edited by William on 19/08/2018 at 10:00 AM
William
View Profile
Posted on 19/08/2018 at 10:03 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Copy that link and join. Please add EVERY ONE of your fisho friends to he group.

There are thousands of ways to improve recreational fishing but blocking access to safe good spots is the most stupid.

We both numbers and smart people to defeat this.

The highest form of existence is play
Ginko
View Profile
Posted on 20/08/2018 at 11:47 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
1. write to your NSW MP and copy Niall Blair. The addresses are easy: eg.
Manly is ElectorateOffice.Manly@parliament.nsw.gov.au
North Shore is ElectorateOffice.NorthShore@parliament.nsw.gov.au

NIall Blair is a bit trickier I think it is only online.: https://www.nsw.gov.au/your-government/ministers/minister-for-primary-industries-minister-for-regional-water-and-minister-for-trade-and-industry/

2. submit your response on the proposal by completing the NSW Government's survey at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HawkesburyDP

MJ
View Profile
Posted on 22/08/2018 at 12:13 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User

William,
Well done-Iíve been waiting for this for years.
It appears to be run by the ethos of the Greens &
Divers.
Iíve studied the proposals, and we are locked out
of the area between southern end of Bondi Beach &
the northern end of Coogee Beach, and Norfh Harbour.
Otherwise the rest seems OK-for now.Itís sound to oppose this
craziiness.

Bluecod
Posted on 28/08/2018 at 11:12 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Mark, it's not OK.

If you're a boater it will have potential impact from every launching point in Newcastle, Sydney and Wollongong. If you or your friends are landbased then it will have a much greater impact.

The fundamental issue is an erosion of what was once a common law right to fish the waters of the State and being told by secular interest groups where you can fish, not based on science, but by the misconception that recreational fishing is having a major impact on the diversity of the marine ecosystem.

The background paper behind this move itself finds that recreational fishing has only a minimal to minor impact on biodiversity and fish stocks, yet it is thrown up as a significant threat in all the proposed sanctuary/conservation zones.

Make no mistake, this Marine Park proposal is being pushed hard by groups who are keen to see the end to fishing of all forms, If we don't oppose the notion that recreational fishing is bad for the environment, then we deserve to take one for the team. Make a submission opposing all angler lockouts - otherwise this is only the start to the end.

Cheers,

George
MJ
View Profile
Posted on 29/08/2018 at 10:36 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
George,

My mail is that the protests which have been so loud
ie the voting public-(including me) have spooked
the politicians.So much so,that this hopefully will go
away.
The Labor leader has disowned this,& the Liberals
did this I presume to appease the Greens for some
unknown reason.Always a bad look & hopefully they have
seen the error of their ways.
I thought that this was a fait accompli & these politicians
had made up their minds-hopefully I will be proven to have
been wrong!
Mark

Message edited by MJ on 29/08/2018 at 11:00 AM
Bluecod
Posted on 29/08/2018 at 11:01 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I hope so too Mark.

Gladys has been saying things to Ray Hadley that we have nothing to worry about ...... as long as a politician breathes I will worry about what they say ..... often meaning something completely different.

If she was a person of integrity, instead of alluding to concerns, she would just pull the rug out from underneath it and scrap it post haste.

Unfortunately for Govt, as William says, they've stuck their finger too far up the dragon's cloaca this time ... and I think the dragon is going for the jugular and a roll back on existing lockouts.

Interesting times ahead.

Cheers,

George
MJ
View Profile
Posted on 18/09/2018 at 10:21 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User

George
Yesterday as I predicted the NSW Govít announced
they are withdrawing the lockouts.The aim for the
Rec fishers is to never let this happen again- but perhaps
do things such as reduction of certain bag limits-which would
not be a bad thing!

Bluecod
Posted on 24/09/2018 at 04:31 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Mark,

once they contemplate a Marine Park they must go through a legislated consultation phase [which we are currently in]. Once the Marine Park is established they can then do anything the Marine Estate Management Authority [MEMA] damn well likes without consultation. This has already happened up and down the coast.

There would appear to be a direct link between certain members of MEMA, the diving community and extreme environmentalist groups, both here and abroad funded by the PEW group. These links require more detailed research, but something already stinks real bad. The responsible Ministers didn't think this one by themselves, it's been pushed onto them as a good idea by MEMA.

Now, assuming the Marine Park goes ahead and in a couple of years there is another Green push for lockout zones, MEMA does not have to go through public consultation to create lockout zones ...... can you trust a politician to stand by what they said pre-election a year or so ago ?

Interestingly, despite what this government said a few years ago "that no marine park will be created unless based on science" they are now saying that the current proposal is based on "risk assessment". There's a far cry between "science" [of which there is none] and "risk assessment".

This whole thing is a push by anti-fishing groups whose stated aim is to have 20 - 30% of the NSW coast locked out to fishing.

Cheers,

George
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | PLSforums™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2019 Sydney Flyfishing Tours