» Hawkesbury search
Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Hawkesbury search
  Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
Micko
Posted on 19/07/2020 at 05:34 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Going for a bream fish lower Hawkesbury today. Taking the fly rod for the first time in a long time.
Can anyone suggest where I might find some tailor or salmon?
I only have a 3.95 Seajay tinnie with 25 HP.

Thanks in advance.

Micko
Posted on 19/07/2020 at 05:06 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Got 1 solid bream on a er... ‘fly’ and a couple of chopper tailor trolled up while looking for something bigger but no salmon or Kings seen.
There were some terns diving sporadically but no real action.
Fished the southern and western sides of Lion island but pretty hairy conditions.
Went up into Cowan and Jerusalem bay for a look but could only see small schools of bait.
Spoke to a couple of guys who went to Pittwater chasing kings but they couldn’t find anything either.
Might give it a few weeks and try again.
Regards,
Mick

Ginko
View Profile
Posted on 27/07/2020 at 07:55 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I went out from cottage point last week - the tailor apparently left a few weeks back (I found loads out about a month ago).

The sounder showed loads of bait, and we saw massive schools of eyes, whitebait, and ?pilchards? coming through the shallows. There is plenty of bait in the system, but we couldn't see anything else, let alone hook it.

Micko
Posted on 07/08/2020 at 06:24 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Thanks for the update.
Interesting looking fly you’ve shown there also.
Mick

Page 1 of 1    « First   1   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | PLSforums™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2021 Sydney Flyfishing Tours