Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Fly-tying evening
  Page 1 of 4    « First   1   2   3   4   >   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
jono shales

View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 10:22 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
What say we all get together for an evening of fly tying and exchanging ideas, recipes and patterns. We could throw some nibbles and cold beer into the equation too !

We can start a list of people and then work out a date that suites all - I'm thinking a couple of weeks away.

Anyone interested?

William
View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 10:28 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Top idea Jono. I'm in.

Cheers
William

The highest form of existence is play
george
View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 10:31 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Jono - the next SFR club meeting on the 20th of June is based around an evening of fly tying - why don't you bring along your vice and tie a few flies for us.

We could all meet there.

George.

JohnAuer
View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 01:15 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Great Idea Jono. Definately up for that. Doing it at the SFR meeting is OK, but being a new member I find it difficult knowing who is who fron the forum. If we meet else where it might be more focused on the Sydney salt scene, plus give us a chance to put a face to the names.

Count me in.
John

george
View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 01:36 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Fair call John...anyone got any suggestions on location and date...??

Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 03:01 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I'll definitely be there.

Happiness is a tight loop
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 06:48 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Why don't we see if there is a pub with an isolated area we could use, plus food, drink and maybe public transport?

Don't swim in a bait ball
Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 09:35 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Is there somewhere close to north Sydney? I used to work up there in a couple of cafes.

Plenty of Pubs and bars around, who'd like the horrible job of finding out?

Sunday and Mondays are best for me.

Message edited by Lionel on 02/06/2005 at 09:36 PM
jono shales

View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 09:56 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I work in North Sydney so I could easily scope out the best place. I have been known to find myself in the back corner of a pub occasionaly. Monday nights are probably the easiest and most practical - what say we lock in a date and time, I will source a decent location / pub.

George, I will be attending the fly-tying evening at the club with my trusty vice, but I do agree with John in that it would be cool to just make it a salties evening.

So how does Monday the 13th sound at around 6:30pm somewhere in North Sydney?

William
View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 10:21 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Jono, the evening of Monday 13th June I'll be heading off to Bowral - wierd I know but I have to run a conference starting first thing next morning so I'll have to skip the flytying session if it's on that date - if I'm the only odd man out then please go ahead without me.

Cheers
William

The highest form of existence is play
Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 02/06/2005 at 10:22 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I'm In Jono, Justin has a Jewie fly i knocked up for you, Next time you see him make sure he gives it to you.

Page 1 of 4    « First   1   2   3   4   >   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | PLSforums™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2022 Sydney Flyfishing Tours