Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Fly-tying evening
  Page 2 of 4    « First   <   1   2   3   4   >   Last » 
USERMESSAGE
george
View Profile
Posted on 03/06/2005 at 09:04 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Jono the 13th's a public holiday - I can't make it buddy....but don't change dates on my account.

Cheers buddy

George.

ROSS
Posted on 03/06/2005 at 10:02 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Jono,
I'd like to add my name to the list.
I started tying a few years ago but it fell away as I found it harder to find the time, but with all these new materials that are now on the market,( mainly fish salt) I think its time to start up again. The flyrodders held tying nights about four years ago and it was an excellent night because there would only be say 5 or6 people and it was a great way to discuss patterns, tying methods etc.
Ross.
P.S. Lionel, I fished the "mullet" DNA fly on my 9wt( intermediate line) nice looking fly in the water. All the time I've spent in the past practicing the water haul came in very handy. Thanks.

Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 03/06/2005 at 10:45 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Oh yeah, oops, told you I would forget Lionel. I have spoken to Jono twice since too!!

Looks good in the tackle box!

Don't swim in a bait ball
Remy2
Posted on 03/06/2005 at 05:23 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Hi Jono,

I'd be really happy to join. Even better if it happens North of the Bridge as some brothers suggest. Monday the 13th sounds good. I am in.
Also I need too, my stock has been badly depleted and some kind of stimulation is needed to tie some more.. Call me lazy

Cheers
Remy

"Please, Send me a fish so big that even I, When telling of it afterward, Shall have no need to lie!"
Ken
View Profile
Posted on 03/06/2005 at 06:14 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
I'd be keen to join in, although, I'm a pretty rough tyer. If your'e stuck for a place, I work in a school in Summer Hill and could probably grab a classroom, some good pubs down Summer Hill as well.

Lionel
View Profile
Posted on 04/06/2005 at 12:27 AM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Ross you are welcome mate.

Justin, does that mean you'd like one too? come to the tying nite and i'll knock a couple up.

Happiness is a tight loop
Justin D
Administrator
View Profile
Posted on 05/06/2005 at 12:27 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Yep, no worries. I will pencil that day in the diary.
Great idea lads!!
I could get the room at the mooney moonet workers club. It is about 15 minutes down the f3. A bit of a hike but there is food and beverages. Maybe in the future??

Don't swim in a bait ball
jono shales

View Profile
Posted on 05/06/2005 at 07:41 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Which night suites everyone better?
Monday the 13th, which is a public holiday, or Wednesday the 15th?
If more can attend Wed, perhaps we should have it then. Feedback ?

The whole idea is literally to get together and have a really informal evening of laughter, general conversation and fishing stories, all while tying a few flies and exchaging ideas and recipes. For those that are new to tying it'll be a great opportunity to learn.

It should be a good evening, I'm looking forward to putting faces to the names that I've come to know on the forum.

Jono

george
View Profile
Posted on 05/06/2005 at 08:45 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
Jono - the 15th's Sate of Origin night !!! I'll be at a pub somewhere hopefully celebrating a win and getting a skin full.

jono shales

View Profile
Posted on 05/06/2005 at 10:28 PM.Send to a friend Send a Private Message View Profile Quote this User
That leaves Monday and Tuesday as options

Page 2 of 4    « First   <   1   2   3   4   >   Last » 

You need to be logged in to Post a Reply

home | contact us | PLSforums™ v4.5 linux | terms & conditions of use | © 2022 Sydney Flyfishing Tours